It is thanks to our Antwerp ex-libris expert that the two previous publications by Karel Falleyn (1992 and 1996) on this subject have been combined, but also 165 new ex-libris have been added. In total 1350 different ex-libris with chess motifs are represented! Lists sorted by catalogue number, by owner and by artist, have been revised and fully integrated.
You can order this wonderfully illustrated book directly from the author - Henri.Serruys@scarlet.be.
For his latest work (co-authored by Guy Van Habberney) see this entry.
- PublisherSelf-published, 2004
- See alsoSerruys, Henri
Henri Serruys, Guy Van Habberney
This teamwork of cash auditor and chairman is definitely a "raisin in the cake" of chess biblio-graphies, as the meticulous compilation of the complete Belgian chess literature mates here with an exquisite color printing whose impact is unveiled above all by the numerous pictures. Many information boxes (highlighted in color) on relevant authors, photographs of chess personalities, a correlation table (as to L/N and Cleveland) and an index of names complete a work which belongs to the required stock of each bibliographically interested chess friend.
157 pp, 24 x 16 cm
Softcover edition: 200 copies
Hardback edition: 50 copies
Here the entry on Henri Serruys featuring his earlier publication.
(R.B., III 2012)
- PublisherSelf-published, 2011
- Formatshardback, paperback
- See alsoBelgian chess publications: an annotated bibliography
Het schaken in het jonge België
- Release Date2021
- Miscellaneouswith 86 illustrations, an extensive name register and bibliography
- See alsoVan Spel tot Duel. Het schaken in het jonge België
- Attachments Henri Serruys - Van Spel tot Duel. Het schaken in het jonge België - excerpt (1.3 MiB)