Our member Østein Brekke is at home in the fascinating country of the trolls which - thanks to Magnus Carlsen - experiences a pleasing upswing in chess. His comprehensive biography of Svein Johannessen (1937-2007) is devoted to the formerly strongest Norwegian chess player (IM 1961) who crossed blades with many grandmasters of his time. Numerous annotated games are included in the book which unfortunately has been published in Norwegian only. The author gives a more detailed description of his work in this announcement.
(R.B., IV 2012)
- Nordisk sjakk i 100 år (1999)
- Norges Sjakkforbund 75 år 1914-1989
- Sjakkens Holmenkollen, Gausdal-sjakk 1970-1996
- Historien om en sjakklubb - Schakklubben av 1911 i 100 år (2011) - co-authored by Thor Geir Harestad
- Norske sjakktrekk: Norges Sjakkforbund 100 år 1914-2014 (2014)