Expeditions - Overview
- 1st expedition (2004-05-15): At the grave of Adolf Anderssen (Wrocław, Poland)
- 2nd expedition (2004-10-07): On the Gold Rush's track
(Mechanics' Institute, San Francisco, CA)
- 3rd expedition (2004-08-30): Kiel "Chess Treasures"
Addition (2004-12-23): "Chess Treasures from Lübeck"
- 4th expedition (2006-02-14): Nights (and Days) in Leiden and Wijk aan Zee
- 5th expedition (2006-04-30): Nordic Meeting in Copenhagen/Frederiksværk
- 6th expedition (2006-10-20/22): On the way to "mystic places": From the Jewish Cemetery in Berlin-Weißensee to Kórnik Castle
- 7th expedition (2007-01-27): Wijk aan Zee on "WC-Day" – and "no sign" of Topalov – Kramnik ... (A more witty short report by M.N.)
- 8th expedition (2007-06-08/10): The Knights and Kings of Chess
- 9th expedition (2007-09-17): Visit to Cleveland, Ohio
- 10th expedition (2007-11-28): Meeting near the Obelisk of Catania
- 11th expedition (2008-05-23/25): Caissa in La Serenissima (The Most Illustrious) - Photo report by Michael Negele on the regional meeting in Venice
- 12th expedition (2008-10-15/26): Bonn Impressions - Michael Negele at the World Chess Championship Bonn 2008
- 13th expedition (2010-01-15/17): Three-round event at Wijk aan Zee Pictorial report by Michael Negele
- 14th expedition (2010-02-09/10): Business Trip into a Winter's tale
- 15th expedition (2010-03-23): On Tour in English Counties
- 16th expedition (2010-06-14): The Collection of «Collectors» is Growing ...
- 17th expedition (2010-07-26): The Collection of «Collectors» is Growing ... II
- 18th expedition (2011-04-28/29): Chess Enthusiasts at Warsaw
- 19th expedition (2011-05-11): On the Hunt for the Lost Chess Book
- 20th expedition (2011-06-18/19): At the Club Anniversary of the Cologne CC
- 21st expedition (2011-07-13/14): On a Flying Visit to Bletchley Park
- 22nd expedition (2011-11-23): On a Visit to Tomasz Lissowski in Warsaw
Articles and other contributions
Emil Joseph Diemer,
ein Eiferer zwischen Wahn und Wahrheit (250 KB) - in German only!
- a (not illustrated) printed version of this article will be included in a commemorative publication on the occasion of Egbert Meissenburg's 70th birthday.
Schicksal eines "Fräuleinwunders" - der Lebensweg der Sonja Graf-Stevenson (200 KB)
(journey through the life of Sonja Graf-Stevenson.
In German only. First edition 2004-11-13;
revised and completed 2004-12-22.
Second revision 2007-02-10.)
News on Sonja Graf's childhood.
Last "Chess Mail" received with thanks.
Quoted in ...
- DIE ZEIT - chess column by Helmut Pfleger
- DIE ZEIT 2005-12-29 - by Helmut Pfleger
- DIE ZEIT 2006-01-17 No 4 - by Helmut Pfleger
- DIE ZEIT 2006-01-26 No 5 - by Helmut Pfleger
- ChessBase News - Schach der Großmeister 2003
- Robert Hübner at the ELG in Berlin (ChessBase News) - Robert Hübner as a Chess Historian and Giving a Simul (Report by Dagobert Kohlmeyer; in German only)
- Sonja Graf-Stevenson at chessgames.com
- Sonia Graf w Warszawie 1938-39 (Tomasz Lissowski)
- Felietony Pogromcy Enigmy
- Power Play in the Correspondence Chess Opening (Tim Harding - The Kibitzer)
- Queens of Chess: Not Deadlier than the Male? (Tim Harding - The Kibitzer)
- KARL 1/2004
- KARL 2/2004
- KARL 3/2004
- KARL 4/2004
- KARL 1/2005
- KARL 2/2005
- KARL 3/2005
- KARL 4/2005
- KARL 1/2006
- KARL 2/2006
- KARL 3/2006
- KARL 4/2006
- KARL 1/2007
- KARL 3/2007
- KARL 4/2007
- KARL 1/2008
- KARL 2/2008
- KARL 3/2008
- KARL 2/2009
- KARL 3/2010
- KARL 4/2010
- EESTI MALELIIT (Paul Keres in KARL 2/2004)
- EESTI MALELIIT (the site of my Estonian friend Margus Sööt)