Invitation of CH&LS members to the CCI meeting in St. Louis, Missouri USA
Tom Gallegos, President of CCI-USA, has informed us about the CCI Conference to be held July 6-9 in St. Louis, Missouri, USA, while also inviting all CH&LS members to attend.
Here is his email: (The attachment with program and registration form mentioned in the email is at the end of the text).
Dear CCI Members, Guests, and Friends,
We are pleased to invite you to attend the 2023 CCI Western Hemisphere Conference to take place from July 6-9 in St. Louis, Missouri USA. Attached you will find the conference information, including the planned schedule of activities, and a registration form. Our new dates are different from what was published (as tentative) in the fall edition of the CCI-USA magazine, to better coincide with the exhibitions at the World Chess Hall of Fame and to take advantage of some special chess-related events in St. Louis in July.
We have an exciting agenda, which includes:
- Visits to two museum exhibitions at the World Chess Hall of Fame: Sound Moves: Where Music Meet Chess; and T.S. Elliot: A Game of Chess
- Lectures on chess-related topics
- A simultaneous exhibition (grandmaster TBA)
- A chess auction at nearby Link Auction Galleries
- A special reception at the Hall of Fame, lunches, and a gala dinner
- An optional theatrical outing to enjoy Chess (the musical) in the grand outdoor Muny Theater (the Municipal Opera Theater) in nearby Forest Park
- Priceless opportunities to meet and connect with like-minded collectors, and learn about chess topics you may never have thought of before!
Please see the attachment for more information, the cost, and instructions on how to register for the conference, hotel, and optional outing.
The conference and hotel registration deadline is June 1. Please make your reservations early!
If you would like to speak on a chess-related topic at the conference, please reply to this email with your suggested topic/title, a short description, and anticipated length of time needed to present it. Most talks should run for 30 minutes (20-25 minutes with time for Q&A). The conference organizers will review all the suggestions and will let you know if yours is selected by mid-May, to give you time to prepare.
To Our International CCI Leaders, we have very few direct email addresses for our international members, so please forward this invitation to your membership lists. Everyone in CCI, and their guests, are welcome to attend.
See you in St. Louis!