please select ...
After his first photo book "Lichtbilder und Schachkompositionen" (see our former entry) Bernd Gräfrath has just published a second volume "Schachgeschichten mit Lichtbildern" [Chess Stories with Photographs], again in a very small edition and produced in the same manner.
Read more in our column New Chess Literature.
Many thanks to all those members who have already paid their 2014 membership fees. Your contributions are very welcome and are primarily used towards the cost of approved publications by various members, the maintenance of the website and the cost of holding the annual and regional meetings of the KWA. The latest financial statements are published on the website - see the page Documents in our member section.
We would welcome any ideas or suggestions for future projects.
For those who have yet to pay (over half of the membership) you have the following payment options:
Please note that the basic subscription is €30 or $40 if paid by 31st March after which the amounts increase to €40 or $50.
- Payment may be made by bank transfer to our Targobank Account, details are on the 'imprint' page of the website. Your bank may make a small charge for this (although this is not allowed in the Euro zone).
- Alternatively you can pay by PayPal using the following email address: email@example.com.
- PayPal’s charges are confusing but if you wish to use this method please add €1.50 or $2.00 to help towards their fees.
- If you are paying by PayPal in sterling the amount needs to be £27.00.
- In some countries one member collects the subscriptions from all local members and forwards the total to the KWA. This is an excellent arrangement and I will be happy to collect the subscriptions from the GB members who have not yet paid. The amount again needs to be £27.00.
If you need any further information please contact me on the above email address.
A mysterious photograph
Our Polish member Paweł Dudziński has provided a fine historical photograph, showing one lady (looking not very happy) surrounded by many gentlemen …