were welcomed by director Dr Maria Gawlinska while Dr Maciej Michalski
(on the right) ...
informed us about the history and the architecture of the castle by
his lecture "The castle in Osieczna at the turn of the 19th century
and its iconographical representation".
coat of arms of the family
von Heydebrand und der Lasa
(on the left)
In 1890 Tassilo's son Heinrich as the owner started a renovation and
extension of the castle, see the following sheet:
collection of attractive chess sets (from Wojciecha Koscielniaka)
was very popular and supplied rewarding motifs for our photographers.
only a very short game was played here. (Hübner vs Averbakh)
a guided tour of the local
Franciscan monastery our stay in Stork's Nest came to an end, we visited
both the magnificent church belonging to the monastery (see the pictures
below) and the chapel of the monks. The insights given into monastic life
left the participants deeply impressed.